(Requires User Name & Password)
This site is best viewed with a display setting of 800 x 600, 32-bit color, scripting enabled and the latest version of one of the following browsers:
Bi-Laws amended: 7/1/93, 10/8/94 & 6/30/05
Table of Contents: Article I through Article XII
Article I: Chapter
Article II: Object
Article III: Members
Article IV: Officers
Article V: Committees
Article VI: Chapter Administration
Article VII: Elections
Article VIII: Amendment of Bylaws
Article IX: Disposition of Funds upon Dissolution
ARTICLE I - CHAPTER
The name of this not-for-profit organization shall be MIDWEST PRAIRIE SCHOONERS a chapter of the FAMILY MOTOR COACH ASSOCIATION Inc., hereafter referred to as Chapter and FMCA.
ARTICLE II - OBJECT
1. PURPOSE: This Chapter exists to promote social, recreational and informational exchange activities that provide for fellowship between members and pleasurable use of family member coaches.
2. AREA/SCOPE: This Chapter shall be authorized to function in the SOUTH CENTRAL AREA with a mutual interest in Kansas City, Missouri and the surrounding area.
ARTICLE III - MEMBERS
1. ELEGIBILITY: To be eligible for and to maintain membership in the Chapter, a family unit must own at least 1/3 of an FMCA-qualifying motor coach, be in good standing with FMCA and meet the dues and fees requirements and provisions set forth in the Bylaws and Standing Rules of this Chapter.
Membership in this Chapter shall not be denied any person because of race, sex, religion, color, marital or family status, age nationality or disability.
A. The term "Family Unit" is defined as a person; his or her spouse or partner; dependents of each, regardless of age; non-dependent grandchildren and great-grandchildren aged 18 and under.
B. The term "Membership" is defined as either a family unit or an individual or individuals owning a Qualifying Motor Coach who share the same Membership number.
C. The term "Member" is defined as each adult who, jointly or individually, constitutes a membership. The voting rights of each member are defined in the description of each category.
D. The term "Qualifying Motor Coach" is defined as a self propelled, completely self-contained vehicle that contains all the conveniences of a home, including cooking, sleeping, and permanent sanitary facilities, and in which the driver's area is directly accessible in walking position from the living quarters. The terms motor coach and motorhome may be used interchangeably.
2. VOTING RIGHTS: Voting rights shall be vested in the owner of a unit of membership and spouse with a maximum of 2 votes per membership. In all votes taken by secret ballet, the Secretary shall log incoming ballets by "F" number to assure that legal votes have been cast. This shall be done in a manner, which protects the secrecy of the ballot.
3. DUES: Annual payment of Chapter and FMCA dues enable persons to become active members and entitled to all rights and privileges of the Chapter and FMCA. The annual dues for membership in the Chapter shall be an amount as the Chapter shall establish.
A. Renewal dues from Chapter members are due and payable by January 1st. Any member whose dues remain unpaid for more than 90 days after due shall be considered delinquent; after 120 days membership shall be cancelled.
B. Application for new membership shall be accompanied by payment of annual Chapter dues. If an initial application is accepted after September 1st, the dues shall be regarded as covering the next membership year.
ARTICLE IV - OFFICERS
1. DUTIES OF OFFICERS: The duties of the elected officers shall be as defined in the FMCA Member and Volunteer Handbook and as also stated in the Standing Rules of the Midwest Prairie Schooners.
2. TERM: The elected officers of this Chapter shall serve a 1 year term of office beginning January 1st and ending December 31st.
3. RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS:
A. An individual FMCA member may hold office in only one Chapter.
B. Individual FMCA members may hold no more than two offices in this Chapter.
C. Any member in good standing may be nominated from the floor for any elective office.
D. No official or member shall become vested of any right, title to or interest in any Chapter property, except as required by law.
E. Only Full Members, Full Lifetime Members, Life Members or Honorary Members who have advanced from one of these classes have the right to hold office in the Chapter.
4. EXECUTIVE BOARD:
A. The officers of the Chapter and up to 2 members at large as appointed by the President shall constitute the Executive Board.
B. The Executive Board shall have general supervision of the affairs of the Chapter between its business meetings. The Board shall be subject to the orders of the Chapter, and none of its acts shall be in conflict with the Chapter or FMCA.
ARTICLE V - COMMITTEES
1. APPOINTMENT: Committee members and Chairperson (except the nominating committee) shall be appointed by the President.
2. DUTIES: All committees shall function within the policies of the Chapter and under the direction of the President. Financial reports, vouchers, and monies due the Chapter shall be submitted on a timely basis.
3. QUORUM: A Committee quorum shall be a majority of appointed members.
4. TENURE: The tenure of any special or standing committee shall end on December 31st.
ARTICLE VI - CHAPTER ADMINISTRATION
1. AUTHORITY: This Chapter shall be democratically self-governed, deriving its existence and authority from the consent of the membership assembled in meeting or, in certain instances, by mail vote on stated propositions.
2. ORGANIZATIONAL YEAR: The fiscal and membership year of the Chapter shall commence on January 1 and end on December 31.
3. CHAPTER MEETINGS:
A. TYPES: The term "meeting" shall include coach rallies, campouts, dinner meetings and any other gathering suitable to the function of the Chapter.
B. BUSINESS MEETINGS: The Chapter must hold at least 2 business meetings each membership year at which a quorum is present. Said meetings must be at least 14 days apart and duly announced in advance to the membership.
C. ANNUAL ELECTION: One of the business meetings shall be and Annual Meeting at which an election of Officers is held. A slate of officers shall be presented by the Nominating Committee to each member 30 days in advance of the election. The voting general membership is to elect Chapter Officers, including a President, two Vice Presidents, a Secretary, a Treasurer, a National Director and an Alternate National Director.
D. QUORUM: A quorum for the transaction of business at any duly-called Chapter meeting is 25% of the Chapter family unit membership or 15 family unit members whichever is less.
E. VOTING: Except as specified elsewhere in the Bylaws, a simple majority vote of members in good standing and voting shall be required to approve or disapprove any matter. Balloting by mail may be undertaken when a proposed matter is deemed to be of such importance or urgency that a total membership vote is advisable.
F. PARLIAMENTARY PROCESS: The rules contained in the current edition of ROBERT'S RULES OF ORDER NEWLY REVISED shall be govern this Chapter's proceedings to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with the Constitution and Bylaws of FMCA, and Bylaws of the Chapter.
4. MAINTAINING AFFILIATION: This Chapter must maintain a minimum of 15 family unit members to remain affiliated with FMCA. The Chapter Secretary shall furnish to the National Office of FMCA, no later than the last week of October, a membership list, a list of Chapter Officers for the ensuing year and assurance that 2 business meetings were held.
5. ANNUAL AUDIT: An annual audit of the Chapter's financial books and records shall be undertaken and reported tot he membership.
6. APPLICATION OF NATIONAL CONSTITUTION AND BYLAWS: This Chapter accepts and agrees that Chapter Bylaws shall conform to requirements in the Constitution and Bylaws of FMCA.
ARTICLE VII - ELECTIONS
1. NOMINATING COMMITTEE COMPOSITION:
A. The nominating Committee shall consist of not less than 3 former Chapter officers in good standing, nominated and elected by the membership.
B. Election of an individual to the nominating Committee shall not prohibit that person from being nominated for elected office.
2. NOMINATING COMMITTEE DUTIES:
A. To select one of its members as Nominating Committee Chairman.
B. To nominate candidates for Chapter Offices of President, 2 Vice Presidents, Secretary, Treasurer, National Director and an Alternate National Director for the next year to be presented for voting by the Chapter membership.
C. To obtain clear acceptance of the nominees to serve the Chapter should they be elected.
D. To make certain that nominated candidates are members of good standing and qualified under applicable National and Chapter bylaws.
E. To present the slate of nominees to the membership 30 days in advance of the elections.
ARTICLE VIII - AMENDMENT OF BYLAWS
1. AMENDING PROCEDURE: These Bylaws may be amended by a 2/3 affirmative vote of the members present and voting at a duly called meeting, providing that prior notice of at least 30 days has been given to the proposition(s) to amend.
A. Any member of the Chapter may propose amendments to the Bylaws.
B. Approved amendments to these Bylaws become effective immediately upon their adoption, or at such time as specified by the amendment.
2. DISTRIBUTION: Copies of changes, additions, amendments or revisions to these Bylaws shall be forwarded to the National Office and to the National Area Vice President.
ARTICLE X - Disposition of Funds upon Dissolution
Upon dissolution of the Chapter, any funds remaining in the treasury after payment of all just debts shall be donated to a charity or charities of the remaining members' choice.
All Content ęCopyright-Midwest Prairie Schooners, All rights reserved.